Dear Band Families,
Happy New Year!!! It is time for the band to hit the ground running!
On Monday, January 15, the members of the Millennium MS Wind Ensemble and Symphonic Bands will be marching in Sanford’s Martin Luther King Day Parade. The details of the event are listed below:
- This is a required event for members of the Symphonic Band & Wind Ensemble.
- Students can be dropped off in the parking lot of Crooms Academy.
- Students will meet and assemble at 9AM on the corner of Historic Goldsboro Blvd. (formerly 13th St.) & Persimmon Ave.(next to Crooms Academy).
- Students will wear the Band shirt, black pants, black shoes, black socks uniform.
- Students will march as part of a combined band with Seminole HS & Sanford MS.
- The parade begins at 10AM and will move down Historic Goldsboro Blvd. from Crooms (moving east) towards 17 92.
- The parade will end at Historic Goldsboro Blvd. and Holly Avenue. Students can be picked up in the parking lot of The Barn between 10:30 and 11:00AM.
- The band room will not be open Monday morning for students to pick up forgotten instruments!
- Tuba & Percussion students are responsible for getting their instruments to the parade route!!! (this means they have to go home this week!!!)
- We need about 10 chaperones for this event. Parents can sign-up to be a chaperone at the following link: http://signup.com/go/QFxHrBC